Friday, August 3, 2007

County Fair

So, we forgot the camera. So you'll have to use your imagination to visualize Josephine running with goats, giggling at the sheep, absolutely wowed by the inquisitive, slobbery nose of the cow... It was a gorgeous evening - peach-red sun smoldering in the heavy, hot sky over the sweet hills, and llamas and bunnies and horses and french fries, and balloons sailing into the sky...

Sean and I were trying very hard not to annoy the country folk with our city ignorance, but we did get into a debate over whether ponies are different than horses. I said ponies are baby horses, he said ponies are a separate breed. We were too afraid to ask anyone, so we had to wait till we got home to check Wikipedia (Sean was right - I am horrified to realize I've been mistaken all these years). But I was right when I saw a cow and said it was a cow and Sean said it was a goat. It was a cow. It was all very funny.

I also had to hide being grossed out when the pig peed in its own water dish. (YUCK!)

Josephine was too small for most of the rides, but we did try the carousel, and she loved it - though we couldn't help noticing she seemed more interested in the man running the works of the thing, figuring out what he was doing, than in just enjoying the ride.

Next time we'll bring a camera. And maybe an encyclopedia.

1 comment:

Sean Tubbs said...

I still smell like livestock.