Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Studying

In this first picture, Josephine is reading an English comic annual. I also learned to read by looking at these books, which I can remember devouring as a four-year-old. I was drawn to the colors, and as I developed the ability to read, I also learned the subtle differences between American English and English English. It's going to be fun as she learns to read.

I'm always cracked up by how both kids love to read while they're being taken somewhere in the double-stroller. Sometimes after walks, Josephine will sit in the chair for a few minutes.

And here's studious Sam:


Sam has the ability to concentrate for minutes at a time on things he's trying to solve. In this he shows glints of self-reliance, which counteract the times when he reminds us that he's still a needy toddler. I love in this picture how he's concentrating to hard on getting this plastic piece to go vertical, even though that's not how they're supposed to go.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing we have two budding non-comformists?

Anyway, I have a short video I'm going to post later of him with another "research" project he was conducting the other day. You'll suffer cute overload.

No comments: