Tuesday, March 13, 2012

More random and precious moments

 Wackadoodle Josy
 Favorite pjs
 Sam took these photos by himself!

 Baby Emma came to visit!
Josephine reading to Sam one morning, while I was getting ready.

Ok, I have some kid quotes!
Sam, as we were pondering the thorns on our flowering quince: "Those are flower bones!"
Also, one of his recent soliloquies: "I have an office, for reals. I have 100 girls in my office. They all have white hair and they are taller than me and they dance all the time. And I'm going to marry them, each of them, all of them. One at a time."

Josephine whispered to me the other day: "Do you know what I believe? That fairies come from flowers. And they're the same color as the flowers they come from. And that's where they live."

She is currently very into bubblegum, Littlest Pet Shop bobbleheads, and reading everything. And planning sleepovers with her friends without, of course, actually talking to any grownups about the plans. She also is doing accents and can roll her Rs and yes, she is quite the actress. And still hard to pull away from a mirror, where she often whispers to herself and poses instead of getting dressed for school.

Sam has latched onto his Bunny "Bun-Bun," and more recently has two stuffed birds, "Birdy" and "Pretty" with whom he nests at night, as well as his pretty princess doll. And he likes his fast cars, the names of which I should remember.

The other afternoon Sam was angry about something and went outside, stood on a deck chair (don't worry, a sturdy one) and just screamed into the air with rage. He felt better afterward. He spied a robin coming toward him and came inside to tell me about the "chick" in the yard that was coming to be his friend, but then it flew away and he burst into tears and told me he wanted a pet bird.

Yesterday morning I went to take him to breakfast. From his bed he scowled and said, "I'm not coming to breakfast, I'm still making up a story in my head!" Later he was still working on it, and still later that day when I asked him to tell it to me, he said, "I don't want to. It's got guns and swords in it, for fighting bad guys, and a prince and princess." (He knows I don't like guns.)

No comments: