Friday, July 31, 2009

On Josephine Growing Up...



She's such a cool mix of sweetness and resiliency. She's still as even-keeled as she was as a baby, but can animate into a performance - comedic stylings, opera imitations - she just knocks my socks off. She saw a play performance of The Sound of Music on youtube - "I want to do a play" - and the next time I sang "Little Bunny Foo-foo" to the kids, she instructed that we all act it out (of course, this turned into a great justification for smacking her brother on the head, as he, of course, was assigned the role of field mouse).

But oh, we were at a park tonight that was getting overrun with teenagers, and I cringed. They were, well, typical adolescents - loud, gruff, boisterous - lounging on the slides in heaps of mismatched clothing - oh, I thought, I don't want Josephine to grow into that.

I guess I have a few more years...

No comments: