Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Books of Questions & a Couple Christmas Photos










At dinner tonight, it was just me and the kids, so I asked the children questions from The Book of Questions. Their answers underscored how different they are from each other...

Would you cheat on a test if you could do so easily?

Jo: No. Because I wouldn't be sure if the people around me were smarter than me. I wouldn't know if they were struggling or not, too.

Sam: No, because then I would get 100 and they would think I was a brainiac and make me take another test in a cell.

If one of your parents became infirm/disabled, would you take care of them in your home or put them in a nursing home?

Jo: No way am I looking after any of you. You would drive me crazy. I don't like to be around family for too long at a time. I might have a job, too. No.

Sam: I would take advantage of it. You know - disabled parking spaces and discounts? - oh yeah! The only thing is, I wouldn't want you to make me laugh. Because, if we were climbing on a mountain, and you made me laugh, I would start laughing and then -- wheeeee -- I'd drop you.

If you were at dinner at a friend's house at Thanksgiving and found a cockaroach in your food, what would you do?

Jo: I would slip it in the trash so they wouldn't notice - and I wouldn't say anything.

Sam: I'd say (gets booming voice) WHAT THE x8*&(*&# IS THIS THING DOING IN MY FOOD????

If you could go anywhere in the world for a month, where would you go and what would you do?

Jo: Everywhere! Everything!

Sam: Tennessee. Or I could just live there.

***

Later, while I was putting dishes away and Jo was putting laundry in the washing machine, Sam called He was upstairs getting ready for a shower. "Look, Mom! I'm juggling flashlights naked!"

I went back to the kitchen, and Jo was halfway in the washing machine. "Would I survive the washing machine? There was a cat that did once. I like swimming, and I can hold my breath!"

One thing they do share: They are both nuts.



No comments: