Sunday, October 25, 2009

Moving things

Today, I briefly had Sam and Josephine help me with some chores. Before I picked them up today, I had loaded the station wagon with some firewood, and thought I'd see if they would help me out. There were lots of cool bugs to look at on the logs, including a daddy-long-leg and some lovely wood lice.

Both eagerly took to the simple task of moving wood from Volvo to porch. I had to tell Jo not to take any pieces out herself, lest they fall out onto her. We got maybe enough wood for a week, maybe. Looking forward to trying out the wood stove to see if it can save us on heating bills.


Back in the house, they wanted more things to move. Josephine asked if she could get the bricks out of the closet. I couldn't figure out any other way to store these things, so I said yes. She said they were going to build a house.

They seemed to like moving the blocks more than playing with the actual blocks themselves. After blocks, they immediately started stripping the beds of all their pillows. I was in the kitchen trying to get dinner ready, and I look over and the couch was covered in sheets, pillows and other fluffy things. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that one, so more blocks.

Finally, here's a little Halloween picture for you!

No comments: